Mahindra and Mahindra, no more materials
Mahindra and Mahindra is an automotive manufacturer based in India. The company has been able to become a large car manufacturer. The company set a quality policy based on customer focus and quality first. The company is ready to answer customer changing needs fast. This has been achieved by understanding customers’ needs, employees involvement, and delivering right the first time. Before implementing TQM, Mahindra faced materials shortage, no plans for new models, an inspection method was used to detect defects, lack of standardization, limited employees, relation with suppliers is based on need.
- Improve quality through statistical process control, supplier activity support, business process reengineering in manufacturing.
- -Statistical process control: is a methodology consisting of measuring and controlling quality during the manufacturing process and data is collected in real-time.
- -Business process reengineering consists of redesigning the workflow in the company by redesigning processes and automating tasks.
- -Use of Deming Cycle.
- -ISO 9000, ISO 14001 certification
- Achieved Results:
- Increased productivity
- Less rejection at suppliers and reception stage,
- Fewer consumers complain,
- Higher employee involvement in continuous improvement,
- implementation of Total productive method complementary to total quality management.